quinta-feira, 5 de junho de 2014

Aula de inglês - Tag questions

Tag questions
- São perguntas colocadas no final de frases afirmativas ou negativas e servem para confirmar o que foi dito.

- No português utilizamos da seguinte maneira:
Nós não fomos ao cinema semana passada, fomos?
José está namorando Maria, não está?

- Em inglês, ela funciona da seguinte forma:
You are dating Chris, aren’t you?
She’s going to travel to the USA, isn’t she?
He is not fighting with the bear, is he?

> Em afirmativas, usa-se a tag negativa.
> Em negativas, usa-se a tag afirmativa.
She is looking for a dress, isn’t she?
She is not looking for a dress, is she?

- Ao usar verbos auxiliares na frase, o auxiliar também é utilizado na tag.
He didn’t buy a house, did he?
You have already traveled by a plane, haven’t you?
You can’t speak English, can you?
She should come with us, should not she?

EXCEÇÕES:
- Na primeira pessoa da negativa usamos “aren’t I” ao invés de “am not I”:
I am tall, am not I? (ERRADA)
I am tall, aren’t I? (CORRETA)

- Quando na forma afirmativa, permanece “am I”:
I am not tall, am I?

- Quando usamos a sugestão “let’s”  (let us) a tag question é “shall we?”
Let’s go to the movies tomorrow, shall we?
Let’s go to study for the English test tomorrow, shall we?

- Com imperativo afirmativo usamos a tag question “will you?” ou “would you?”
Help your mother, will you?
Open the door, would you?

>> ATENÇÃO: Imperativo negativo só pode ter como tag “will you?”:
Don’t close all the doors, will you?

- Os compostos de body e one (somebody, someone, everybody, everyone,...) tem dois tags possíveis: um formal e outro informal.
Somebody took my car yesterday, didn’t he?(FORMAL) didn’t they?(INFORMAL)
Everybody is ready to leave, isn’t he? (FORMAL) aren’t they? (INFORMAL)

>> ATENÇÃO:
“won’t” é usado para fazer um convite.
Open the window, won’t you?

- Cuidado com os tempos verbais:
John’s eaten, hasn’t he?
John’s eating, isn’t he?


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário